Enjoy the Movies and the Munchies
There are lots of great movies coming out in September. I’m so excited to see Contagion (Sept. 9) with its amazing big name cast and Drive (Sept. 16) with Ryan Gosling (adore him!) and Carey Mulligan. That means going to the theater and trying to find tasty concession stand snacks that will keep you snack happy without giving you a blockbuster-sized waistline.
It’s all about choosing the right munchies and having the right portion size. One great way to help with portion size is to share your snacks. Here are some suggestions I found in Shape magazine to help you enjoy your movie night to the fullest:
- Small Popcorn: 225 calories, 6 grams fat for half a bag
- Hot Dog: 210 calories, 19 grams fat (I was surprised about this one.)
- Edy’s Strawberry Fruit Bar: 80 calories, 0 grams fat
- Bottled Water: 0 calories, 0 grams fat
- Diet Soda: 0 calories, 0 grams fat
- VitaminWater Zero: 0 calories, 0 grams fat for 20 oz.
- Icee Slush: 220 calories, 0 grams fat for 16 oz.
Candy (Great for sharing!)
- Milk Duds: 170 calories, 6 grams fat for half a box
- AMC Clip Gummi Stars: 175 calories, 0 grams fat for half a bag
- Twizzler Strawberry Twists: 263 calories, 1 gram fat for half a bag (Or for an even lower calorie alternative, go for Red Vines with 170 calories and 0 grams fat for a 4 oz. bag of Original Red Twists)
- Junior Mints: 298 calories, 5 grams fat for half a box
To see a list of movies coming out this month, visit Daily Candy.
Have a great month at the movies!